Welcome to Showgrounds Park Motor Camp. We hope you enjoy your stay and trust that you will respect your environment.
But should you find that items are missing or damaged, do not hesitate to notify our Reception staff.
Please make use of the facilities around the camp such as the bbq, outside space, guest lounge, kitchen, laundry, showers etc.
We like to make everyone’s stay pleasant and enjoyable, so if you wish to make some helpful suggestions or comments on our camp, we encourage you to fill out the guest survey sheet provided in this folder and hand it into Reception.
8AM - 5PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ARRIVING OUTSIDE THESE HOURS YOU WILL NEED TO
CONTACT US BY EITHER EMAIL OR PHONE AS ABOVE
TO BOOK AND PAY AHEAD OF YOUR STAY.
Set in a tranquil location amongst 100–year old trees on the 40 hectares of Showgrounds Park, this Qualmark-rated camp has appeal throughout the year unmatched by any other.
Only minutes from Gisborne City and beaches, the Camp offers 3 basic cabins, powered and non-powered camp sites in shady seclusion or wide open spaces for your tent or caravan.
This camp, 40 hectares of country in the city located amongst 100-year-old trees at Showgrounds Park...
• is only 4kms from city, shops, museum, and wineries
• is only 1.5 minutes to LPG/fuel station and Makaraka Village shops
• is minutes from Gisborne’s beautiful Midway and Waikanae surf beaches and many Gisborne Attractions
• has a spacious smokefree modern kitchen and lounge area
• has 50 power points – parking for even the largest motorhome
• is adjacent to an 18-hole golf course, and equestrian grounds and covered arena
• is adjacent to Gisborne Equestrian Centre with covered riding arena
• Event Centre on-site may be hired for functions, meetings, gatherings
• welcomes pets, even horses!
New Year Camping
This low cost camping facility, also situated on picturesque Showgrounds Park, is independent of the family camp and caters to visitors attracted to the city for New Year festivities, including the renowned Rhythm & Vines post-Christmas and New Year’s Eve concert programme at Waiohika Estate, just 10 minutes away.
Camp Facilities On Site:
2021 SOLD OUT!
Communal kitchen with
• Fridge freezers
• Electric stoves
• Gas hob tops
• Instant boiling water unit
• Snack & drinks vending machines
Modern toilet and shower facilities
• Includes disabled facility
• Commercial washing machine - $2.00 coin
• Commercial drier - $2.00 coin
Guests lounge & dining area with
BBQ area with
• Picnic tables
• Free to campers
• Gisborne Equestrian Centre Riding school (during school vacations)
• "The Park" 18-hole golf course