Welcome to Showgrounds Park Motor Camp and to our cabins where we pride ourselves on our clean facilities and tidy spacious grounds. We hope you enjoy your stay and trust that you will respect your environment.
But should you find that items are missing or damaged, do not hesitate to notify our Reception staff.
Please make use of the facilities around the camp such as the bbq, outside space, guest lounge, kitchen, laundry, showers etc.
We like to make everyone’s stay pleasant and enjoyable, so if you wish to make some helpful suggestions or comments on our camp, we encourage you to fill out the guest survey sheet provided in this folder and hand it into Reception.
From your Camp and Property Managers Steve Burns and Jacqui Green
Set in a tranquil location amongst 100–year old trees on the 40 hectares of Showgrounds Park, this Qualmark-rated camp has appeal throughout the year unmatched by any other.
Only minutes from Gisborne City and beaches, the Camp offers basic cabins, on-site caravans, and both powered and non-powered camp sites in shady seclusion or wide open spaces.
This camp, 40 hectares of country in the city located amongst 100-year-old trees at Showgrounds Park...
• is only 4kms from city, shops, museum, and wineries
• is only 1.5 minutes to LPG/fuel station and Makaraka Village shops
• is minutes from Gisborne’s beautiful Midway and Waikanae surf beaches and many Gisborne Attractions
• has 10 smokefree chalet-style cabins and amenities block
• has a spacious smokefree modern kitchen and lounge area
• has 50 power points – parking for even the largest motorhome
• is adjacent to an 18-hole golf course, and equestrian grounds and covered arena
• is adjacent to Gisborne Equestrian Centre with covered riding arena
• Event Centre on-site may be hired for functions, meetings, gatherings
• welcomes pets, even horses!
Tariffs per day:
High Season (1Dec-10Feb): - $70.00 per night for two persons $35.00 per extra $15.00 per child (13 and under)
Low Season (11Feb-30Nov): - $60.00 per night for two persons $30.00 per extra $15.00 per child (13 and under)
- this carpeted cabin with 1 double and 1 single, or 2 single beds, includes fitted sheet and pillow case only (linen may be hired), fold-down writing table and two chairs. Complimentary access to adjacent communal kitchen, TV lounge, showers ($1.00 coin), and laundry ($2.00 coin) with dryer ($2.00 coin).
Powered camp site
High Season (1Dec-10Feb): -$25.00 per adult; $12.00 per child (13 yrs and under) each per night
(5yrs & under free)
Low Season (11Feb-30Nov): -$20.00 per adult; $10.00 per child (13 yrs and under) each per night
(5yrs & under free)
Non-powered camp site
High Season (1Dec-10Feb): -$20.00 per adult; $12.00 per child (13 yrs and under) each per night.
Low Season (11Feb-30Nov): -$18.00 per adult; $10.00 per child (13 yrs and under) each per night.
On site dump station
Free to campers; $10.00 for off-site casual travellers.
Note: After 28 days, long-term stay rates apply. Cabins not available to rent from weekend before the A&P Spring Show through to the Sunday of Show weekend (13-19 October 2019).
New Year Camping
This low cost camping facility, also situated on picturesque Showgrounds Park, is independent of the family camp and caters to visitors attracted to the city for New Year festivities, including the renowned Rhythm & Vines post-Christmas and New Year’s Eve concert programme at Waiohika Estate, just 10 minutes away.
Anyone wanting to stay and attending Rhythm & Vines have to register and pay online before arrival, please download this form and email to email@example.com today. SOLD OUT
Camp Facilities On Site:
Communal kitchen with
• Fridge freezers
• Electric stoves
• Gas hob tops
• Instant boiling water unit
• Snack & drinks vending machines
Modern toilet and shower facilities
• Includes disabled facility
• Commercial washing machine - $2.00 coin
• Commercial drier - $2.00 coin
Guests lounge & dining area with
BBQ area with
• Picnic tables
• Free to campers
• Gisborne Equestrian Centre Riding school (during school vacations)
• "The Park" 18-hole golf course