Contact Motor Camp
or complete on online enquiry here
Welcome to Showgrounds Park Motor Camp and to our cabins where we pride ourselves on our clean facilities and tidy spacious grounds. We hope you enjoy your stay and trust that you will respect your environment.
But should you find that items are missing or damaged, do not hesitate to notify our Reception staff.
Please make use of the facilities around the camp such as the bbq, outside space, guest lounge, kitchen, laundry, showers etc.
We like to make everyone’s stay pleasant and enjoyable, so if you wish to make some helpful suggestions or comments on our camp, we encourage you to fill out the guest survey sheet provided in this folder and hand it into Reception.
You can now view our Motor Camp gallery here
8AM - 5PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ARRIVING OUTSIDE THESE HOURS YOU WILL NEED TO
CONTACT US BY EITHER EMAIL OR PHONE AS ABOVE
TO BOOK AND PAY AHEAD OF YOUR STAY.
Set in a tranquil location amongst 100–year old trees on the 40 hectares of Showgrounds Park, this Qualmark-rated camp has appeal throughout the year unmatched by any other.
Only minutes from Gisborne City and beaches, the Camp offers 3 basic cabins, powered and non-powered camp sites in shady seclusion or wide open spaces for your tent or caravan.
This camp, 40 hectares of country in the city located amongst 100-year-old trees at Showgrounds Park...
• is only 4kms from city, shops, museum, and wineries
• is only 1.5 minutes to LPG/fuel station and Makaraka Village shops
• is minutes from Gisborne’s beautiful Midway and Waikanae surf beaches and many Gisborne Attractions
• has a spacious smokefree modern kitchen and lounge area
• has 50 power points – parking for even the largest motorhome
• is adjacent to an 18-hole golf course, and equestrian grounds and covered arena
• is adjacent to Gisborne Equestrian Centre with covered riding arena
• Event Centre on-site may be hired for functions, meetings, gatherings
• welcomes pets, even horses!
Tariffs per day:
High Season (1Dec-28Feb): - $70.00 per night for two persons $35.00 per extra $15.00 per child (13 and under)
Low Season (1Mar-30Nov): - $60.00 per night for two persons $30.00 per extra $15.00 per child (13 and under)
- this carpeted cabin with 1 double and 1 single, or 2 single beds, includes fitted sheet and pillow case only
. Complimentary access to adjacent communal kitchen, TV lounge, showers ($1.00 coin), and laundry ($2.00 coin) with dryer ($2.00 coin).
Powered camp site
High Season (1Dec-28Feb): -$25.00 per adult; $12.00 per child (13 yrs and under) each per night
(5yrs & under free)
Low Season (1Mar-30Nov): -$20.00 per adult; $10.00 per child (13 yrs and under) each per night
(5yrs & under free)
Non-powered camp site
High Season (1Dec-28Feb): -$20.00 per adult; $12.00 per child (13 yrs and under) each per night.
Low Season (1Mar-30Nov): -$18.00 per adult; $10.00 per child (13 yrs and under) each per night.
On site dump station
Free to campers; $10.00 for off-site casual travelers.
New Years 2022 R & V Camping
2022 Rhythm & Vines festival situated at Waiohika Estate is the 20th anniversary of this iconic event.
Anyone wanting to camp with us to attend this festival have to register
and pay a deposit online today to secure your site, LIMITED SITES AVAILABLE.
Download and return completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org TODAY!!!
BE IN QUICK TO SECURE YOUR SITE
Camp Facilities On Site:
Communal kitchen with
• Fridge freezers
• Electric stoves
• Gas hob tops
• Instant boiling water unit
• Snack & drinks vending machines
Modern toilet and shower facilities
• Includes disabled facility
• Commercial washing machine - $2.00 coin
• Commercial drier - $2.00 coin
Guests lounge & dining area with
BBQ area with
• Picnic tables
• Free to campers
• Gisborne Equestrian Centre Riding school (during school vacations)
• "The Park" 18-hole golf course
To assist us to assist you, please provide us with basic information relative to your booking so we can check availability and suitability of appropriate spaces.
- Date of event to avoid clashes is paramount
- Numbers of guests
Fill out the enquiry form below if you are interested in booking the with the camp grounds.
PLEASE NOTE: OFFICE HOURS 8AM-5PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
Please advise if arriving out of office hours to arrange access